Al's Photography Blog

Al's Photography Blog
Pikes Peak As Seen From Our House

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Pancake Rocks


Today I hiked up to Pancake Rocks, on the back side of Pikes Peak. This is one of my favorite hikes although I don't do it that often, since it's further from my house than several other hikes that I enjoy. It's about a six-mile round trip, with a good amount of elevation gain, about 1,500 feet, and some gorgeous views.

As you can see from the ice on the stream, it was a chilly morning.
The trail still had some snow in spots from last week. If the weather forecast is correct, it will have a lot more tomorrow!
Here's one of those stunning views - pictures don't do it justice.
Here are a couple of shots of the unusual rock formations at the top of the trail.
And finally, I found this old log at the top intriguing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - I love reading them and look forward to viewing your blog. If you only allow Google+ comments I won't be able to leave a comment in return.

Related Posts with Thumbnails