Al's Photography Blog

Al's Photography Blog
Pikes Peak As Seen From Our House

Friday, May 13, 2011

Scenic Yellowstone

Well, it looks like Blogger is back after its problems, although several comments that people left for me have disappeared - hopefully they will return as Blogger finishes restoring lost data. Anyway, here are some random scenic photos from Yellowstone.

First up are some huge basalt columns next to one of the rivers.
And here's another view taken very near the first photo.
And finally, a valley that I thought was very pretty.
For more scenic views around the world, visit Scenic Sunday.

12 comments:

  1. It is good to be up and running again!! And your captures of Yellowstone are awesome! Great memories for me of so many visits there when I lived in Montana when my kids were growing up! Hope you have a great weekend, Al! Give Socks a pat for me!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your posts start returning...

    These are stunning shots - I'm amazed at the intricate layers of mountain in that first shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are super fantastic !!!!!!!! Congratulations !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very rugged but beautiful country. Keep on clicking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're last photo makes me want to run around the green hills while bursting into song! I miss grass, especially here in the city. Yellowstone is truly a beautiful place. Thank you for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nature at its best! Lovely compositions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How many years must it have taken for the river to gouge out that deep ravine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic pictures from Yellowstone!! Oh I would like to walk in that valley (last pic).. So green and same time the old grey fallen trees, I just love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic shot on top! Love the effects of erosion, what a spot.

    Thank you so much for the congratulations, Al.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to visit! The last pic is my fav - gorgeous green valley...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - I love reading them and look forward to viewing your blog. If you only allow Google+ comments I won't be able to leave a comment in return.

Related Posts with Thumbnails