Al's Photography Blog

Al's Photography Blog
Pikes Peak As Seen From Our House

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Sandia Peak

A couple of weeks ago I promised to post some photos from the top of the tramway near Albuquerque that goes to the top of the Sandia Mountains. On the other side the terrain isn't as rugged and there's a ski resort (since I was there in May it wasn't operating).
But the terrain on the front side is very unforgiving.
It was hazy due to wildfires so the views were somewhat obscured.
But I did do a little hiking, and would love to go back on a clear day with more time to explore.
This post is for Scenic Sunday.

11 comments:

  1. An awesome place, Al, and your captures are terrific in spite of the haze! Hope your new year is off to a great start and that you have a wonderful weekend! Be sure to give Socks a pat from Sam and I!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Al.. That a pretty shot in your previous post..nice!!
    A rugged look place, certainly not where I would want to be !!
    I used to hike the mountains of Maine and New Hampshire winter, fall, whenever, but ; ) ya butt is more like I sit on it to much!! : )
    Beautiful country!!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shots as usual. I don't know much about Albuquerque and its surroundings, but it sure looks lovely, even if its hazy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your first photo. What a pretty place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A nice reminder of warm days to come - hopefully without the wildfires.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's an awe-inspiring place for sure and your pix show it off very well in spite of the haze from the fires.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos of a wonderful place! I would love to be there...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful photos--you caught the immensity and sense of space that is difficult to place when taking a picture.

    Breathtaking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ¸.•°♡♡⊱彡

    Lugar agradável.
    Belas fotos.

    Beijinhos do Brasil.
    ░B░O░M░°º✿♫
    °º✿
    º° ✿✿·. D░I░A░ !

    ReplyDelete

  10. · Once a week I do hiking so I understand your feelings about mountains. Las week I walked 17 km. It was fantastic.

    · hugs

    · CR · & · LMA ·


    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - I love reading them and look forward to viewing your blog. If you only allow Google+ comments I won't be able to leave a comment in return.

Related Posts with Thumbnails