Al's Photography Blog

Al's Photography Blog
Pikes Peak As Seen From Our House

Monday, February 10, 2014

Old Artworks (Getty Museum)

The Getty Museum in Los Angeles has an extensive collection of old artworks. Here's Portrait of a Woman with a Book of Music by Francesco d'Ubertino Verdi (1494–1557).
They have several by Rembrandt (1606-1669) - here's The Abduction of Europa.
Here's another Rembrandt, An Old Man in Military Costume.
In fact, I sometimes thought they'd be better of displaying fewer paintings to better effect, and changing them out periodically.

They also have wonderful sculptures - this one is Allegorical Portrait of the Van Risamburgh Family  by Joseph Chinard (1756-1813).
If you have any interest in this sort of thing, I highly recommend a trip here if you're in the Los Angeles area. Photographs don't begin to do justice to this sort of art. But they're my historical entry for Our World Tuesday.

10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful museum and the art work is awesome!! Terrific captures for the day, Al!! I hope your new week is off to a great start! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love seeing artworks from the old masters, Al. If I am ever in LA I will certainly try to visit this museum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent photos and thanks for Museum tour ~ great post for OWT ~ ^_^

    carol and artmusedog
    www.acreativeharbor.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you for sharing your museum visit. The paintings and the sculpture are beautiful. Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been there and it is an amazing place. Your photos are VERY good. I haven't been there for a couple of years and I think it's time to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing artworks. Exceptionally beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely shots - that first painting against the pink wall is a marvel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really need to go there. It is wonderful they let you take pictures in there and yours are great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I lived there for 55 years and never made it to the Getty. Thanks for the tour. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to visit this museum someday! Lovely art work deal Al:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - I love reading them and look forward to viewing your blog. If you only allow Google+ comments I won't be able to leave a comment in return.

Related Posts with Thumbnails