Al's Photography Blog

Al's Photography Blog
Pikes Peak As Seen From Our House

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Chicago At Night

On our last evening in Chicago I went for a walk down the Miracle Mile to the John Hancock building, and went to its observation deck. My family didn't join me, but at least that meant I had plenty of time for photographs. Please bear in mind that all these photos were hand-held as I didn't have a tripod.

One of the oldest buildings in Chicago is the old water tower, and it's well preserved. It was built in 1869, and was one of the few buildings in its district to survive the great Chicago Fire of 1871. It's also rather photogenic.
  
At the top of the John Hancock building, there are many great views. Here's a photo towards the Willis Tower (formerly the Sears Tower).
Here are a couple of views looking down on other buildings.
This view looks north along Lake Shore Drive. It's obvious where Lake Michigan starts.

This is a view of the Navy Pier.
And finally, here are a couple of other city views of the city from the top of the John Hancock Center.
I can't compare the views from this tower and the Willis Tower, but certainly these ones were very impressive.

6 comments:

  1. Wow. Awesome views, awesome photos. You take some wonderful night shots ... something I have never been able to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos. I admire your steady hand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful mountain picture. I love the light highlighting the snowy crags.

    Work From Home

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful night shots! And amazing views. I just found your blog, by the way, and think I'll visit often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got wonderful piccies. We were there last June and went up the Hancock in the day and then again for the Navy Pier fireworks. We adored Chi-town!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, awesome night photography. I love Cities at night:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - I love reading them and look forward to viewing your blog. If you only allow Google+ comments I won't be able to leave a comment in return.

Related Posts with Thumbnails