Al's Photography Blog

Al's Photography Blog
Pikes Peak As Seen From Our House

Friday, April 30, 2010

Scenic Sunday - Seattle Aquarium

Down near the waterfront Seattle has a good aquarium. First I'll show a scenic view from the aquarium, for the Scenic Sunday meme.
We saw divers through the glass, talking to a group of schoolchildren.
There was a pool in which people could touch starfish and other saltwater creatures.
The highlight was the undersea dome, through which all kinds of creatures could be viewed.
From this dome it was possible to look up at the surface of the water.
And finally, I think this is a seal of some kind.
This aquarium makes for a very fun day out, especially with children.
Scenic Sunday

14 comments:

  1. Great set of photos. To be that close to the iunderwater-world is amazing and the arcitecture of the building is interesting!

    christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. the star fishes are so colourful.

    Would you like a job there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how beautiful! I love the divers - now that's a dream job!

    The picture looking UP at the surface of the water would be perfect for Weekend Reflections!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Playing with starfish and seeing seals, that looks like great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic place! I just love the photo of the divers and the squid :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool! I'll have to stop by on my next trip to Seattle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely agree! Fun!

    I like your octopus and divers shot. The suckers are fascinating. Our aquarium didn't have an octopus the last time we visited and I've never seen one in person.

    But of all the photos, I think I love the seal best. He's obviously swimming but your shot makes him look like he's just floating peacefully. And the dappled light is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful close ups of the sea life. I also simply love mountains and water and you've captured both :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The juxtaposition of your starfish and dome shots makes me wonder if they modeled the dome on the starfish design, or if it was happy accident.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic,beautiful and lovely shots !! Simply amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really great aquarium pics! The scene with the divers is really good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a fantastic series of beautiful shots !!Great

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, I've been there too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's hard to get a good clear shot of the divers in the tank, but you've managed to get a really great one! Seattle Aquarium is a fun place to take photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - I love reading them and look forward to viewing your blog. If you only allow Google+ comments I won't be able to leave a comment in return.

Related Posts with Thumbnails