Al's Photography Blog

Al's Photography Blog
Folly Beach, South Carolina

Thursday, June 25, 2009

DC - National Gallery of Art

The National Gallery of Art has many classic statues and paintings. I don't pretend to be knowledgeable about artwork but I still find it very impressive in real life. Here's Auguste Rodin's The Thinker, something that may be familiar to viewers of a certain recent movie.
I don't recall the name of this painting but I think it was by Rembrandt.
Here's the famous painting by Claude Monet, The Houses of Parliament, Sunset.
And another Monet, The Banks of the Seine, V├ętheuil.
Vincent van Gogh, The Orchard.
I find paintings like these far more impressive in person than any picture can ever express.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - I love reading them and look forward to viewing your blog. If you only allow Google+ comments I won't be able to leave a comment in return.

Related Posts with Thumbnails