Al's Photography Blog

Al's Photography Blog
Pikes Peak As Seen From Our House

Thursday, June 25, 2009

DC - National Gallery of Art

The National Gallery of Art has many classic statues and paintings. I don't pretend to be knowledgeable about artwork but I still find it very impressive in real life. Here's Auguste Rodin's The Thinker, something that may be familiar to viewers of a certain recent movie.
I don't recall the name of this painting but I think it was by Rembrandt.
Here's the famous painting by Claude Monet, The Houses of Parliament, Sunset.
And another Monet, The Banks of the Seine, Vétheuil.
Vincent van Gogh, The Orchard.
I find paintings like these far more impressive in person than any picture can ever express.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - I love reading them and look forward to viewing your blog. If you only allow Google+ comments I won't be able to leave a comment in return.

Related Posts with Thumbnails