Al's Photography Blog

Al's Photography Blog
Pikes Peak As Seen From Our House

Monday, December 17, 2012

Sandia Peak Ride

Here are some photos I took while riding the impressive Sandia Peak Tramway near Albuquerque. As you can see the mountains are fairly dry.
This photo looks back towards the city from the longest span. There were forest fires in Arizona at the time so there's haze; normally the view would be perfect.
Here's another photo from the longest span looking towards the top.
And this is looking straight down, hopefully it doesn't make you too dizzy!
It's a ride worth taking if you don't mind heights. Next week I'll try to remember to post some shots from the top. In the meantime visit Our World Tuesday for more photos. Between this and the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway it's been quite the year for high rides!

9 comments:

  1. Fantastic shots for the day, Al! Such a beautiful place and what a view -- even with the smoke still hanging in the air!! Hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas! Give Socks a special pat from Sam and I!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola AL,ya echaba yo de menos ver esas impresionantes imágenes tuyas.Feliz navidad para ti y todos los que te siguen.Besos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Just fantastic pictures, Al!
    I think I will be dizzy... I fear heights...
    I am looking forward to see others shots from the top.

    Did you know that I would love to visit Albuquerque? And Colorado too! I saw the link to Sandia Peak Tramway, it is just great! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were in ABQ a number of years back, but only spent a day there and didn't do the tram. We do want to go back sometime for the hot-air-ballon festival!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic shots ~ I remember seeing this I think ~ loved New Mexico ~

    (A Creative Harbor) aka ArtMuseDog and Carol ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are brave. I went once in Penang hill, I don't want to ride again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - I love reading them and look forward to viewing your blog. If you only allow Google+ comments I won't be able to leave a comment in return.

Related Posts with Thumbnails