Al's Photography Blog

Al's Photography Blog
Pikes Peak As Seen From Our House

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Wolf!

It's the big brother of Socks and Laika, for Camera Critters and Saturday's Critters.
To answer Klara's question on my previous post, I got that circle of sky by carefully choosing a spot for the photo; the fisheye lens helps make the trees seem taller, and anything going directly towards the photo's center doesn't show the infamous fisheye curve. I do very little post-processing on any of my photos. Sometimes I'll crop a little or rotate the shot slightly if I didn't get my composition right when I took the photo, and perform some minor color correction, but that's it.

8 comments:

  1. Hello, great shot of the wolf. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that is a wolf, it looks worried. Perhaps a little kind attention?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnificent creatures & this one looks full of years & experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Great photo of the wolf, Al!

    In Brazil we have the Maned Wolf (Chrysocyon brachyurus)that is the largest Canid of South America. It is called Lobo-GuarĂ¡ ("GuarĂ¡ Wolf") in Portuguese. Maned Wolf is classified as Near Threatened. At present it is not known how many maned wolves remain in the wild. Threats to their survival include hunting and habitat loss. As its habitat is encroached upon by ever-expanding farms, the wolf is forced into increased proximity with people, exacerbating the already-existing conflict. In addition maned wolves are often killed on highways. Domestic dogs also pose a threat by transferring diseases, competing for food,and even killing the maned wolf.
    I did a post about that wolf in January 22, 2013
    http://leavesgrass.blogspot.com.br/search/label/Maned-Wolf

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - I love reading them and look forward to viewing your blog. If you only allow Google+ comments I won't be able to leave a comment in return.

Related Posts with Thumbnails