Al's Photography Blog

Al's Photography Blog
Pikes Peak As Seen From Our House

Monday, November 19, 2018

Driving to Los Angeles

We had to drive to Los Angeles last weekend to drop off a car. On the first day we drove the 800 miles (1,300 km) to Las Vegas; it takes almost exactly 12 hours. It's all on excellent highways with two lanes in each direction, so it's easy to do. Parts are beautiful - here's a photo taken on the highway in Colorado. (All photos are taken with my phone, with a little help from my wife.)
There's a spot in Utah where you climb over an ancient upthrust - the highway snakes between these rocks. It's in the middle of a 110-mile (177 km) stretch with no services or towns.
At the top there's a place where you can stop and admire the view.
I feel like everybody should do this drive at least once if they get the chance.
The road cuts through a corner of Arizona, and it's spectacular.

13 comments:

  1. Fantastic landscape. It Looks like being ön the moon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Scenes like these make the long drive worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks a spectacular drive with little traffic to get in the way of the views.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing it's that many miles. It wouldn't seem like it would take that long, but I'm sure it does.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of these look like moon shots. It must be awesome driving through twisting roads folded within such low mountainous terrain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful scenery. I'm glad to see it as I've not yet been down that highway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a scenic drive! What is all that smoke coming out of the ground in the first picture?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, it does looks like a nice scenic drive. I keep thinking about the fires out there, I hope you are safe. Enjoy your day and week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. waw….spectacular sceneries. thank you for sharing.
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  10. ·.
    Those landscapes are spectacular.
    Your trip has been worth it.
    I wish I could enjoy those views.
    a greeting

    LMA · & · CR

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, this definitely looks like my kind of drive - 110 miles and no services!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely agree that everyone should do this roadtrip! Beautiful pictures, which literally illustrate our motto....it’s all about the journey.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - I love reading them and look forward to viewing your blog. If you only allow Google+ comments I won't be able to leave a comment in return.

Related Posts with Thumbnails