Al's Photography Blog

Al's Photography Blog
Pikes Peak As Seen From Our House

Monday, April 29, 2019

Mount Fuji

The one package trip we did in Japan was to Mount Fuji and the nearby Lake Ashi, as these aren't easy to get to without driving.
At 12,389 feet (3,776 meters) high it's an impressive sight even from a distance.
But as you get closer you realize how big it really is.
The road ends at the Fifth Station, where there are some tourist facilities and a small shrine which I'll show you next week.
Here's a final shot from later in the day just before the clouds moved in, near Lake Ashi.

8 comments:

  1. Fine photos of this iconic mountain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just can't mistake that shape. Beautiful photos. It's not often I see a close up of the mountain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great photos. I would like to climb mount Fuji.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely. I'm sure your visit was unforgettable. I enjoyed your beautiful photos.
    My post features tulip fields in Mt. Vernon, Washington.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - I love reading them and look forward to viewing your blog. If you only allow Google+ comments I won't be able to leave a comment in return.

Related Posts with Thumbnails