Al's Photography Blog

Al's Photography Blog
Pikes Peak As Seen From Our House

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Mount Cutler Hike

I've got plenty more pictures of the DC area for future posts, but it's time for a return to Colorado for some pictures from a recent hike.

One of the city parks near the mountains is North Cheyenne Canyon, the same park in which I took the waterfall pictures back in May. Another hike in this park is Mount Cutler, which provides some excellent views. It's a short hike at about a mile each way, plus some extra hiking to get the best views.

The trail was very green due to all the thunderstorms we've had recently.

This footbridge is new since I was there - apparently part of the trail washed away so this was built.
There are some pretty rock formations along the trail.

I found the trees with their roots exposed picturesque. I wonder how some of them hold on, as the trail runs up the side of a steep canyon.

This view shows the eventual destination of the trail, on top of the cliff to the right, after it climbs behind it to get there.
Here's a section of the trail, showing how it's carved into the hillside with a sharp drop on the right hand side.
From an overlook you can see the plains and the city of Colorado Springs.
Here's a closeup of the famous Broadmoor Hotel from that same overlook.
From the top of the cliff I photographed earlier, here's a view of the trail, looking towards where I took the picture of the cliff.
And finally, a view taken from the ridge towards Seven Falls, which is one canyon over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - I love reading them and look forward to viewing your blog. If you only allow Google+ comments I won't be able to leave a comment in return.

Related Posts with Thumbnails