Al's Photography Blog

Al's Photography Blog
Pikes Peak As Seen From Our House

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Colorado Balloon Classic (Balloon Glow)

Each Labor Day weekend, there's a major balloon festival in Colorado Springs called the Colorado Balloon Classic. Each morning there are over 100 balloons that ascend from the field, and in the evenings is a balloon glow. It's really fun because you can get right into the field with the balloons for an up-close look, and it's free!

Here's a balloon as it starts to inflate. I was close enough to almost touch it, and the picture was taken with a very wide angle lens and flash (the rest are by the light of the balloons and burners).
This is looking right up into a balloon from underneath while the burner is firing.
A balloon behind a tree.
An up-close of a balloon lit from within.
And finally, several balloons.
I don't know if I'll get up early enough to see an ascension this year, but if I do I'll be sure to take some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - I love reading them and look forward to viewing your blog. If you only allow Google+ comments I won't be able to leave a comment in return.

Related Posts with Thumbnails