Al's Photography Blog

Al's Photography Blog
Pikes Peak As Seen From Our House

Friday, July 2, 2010

Scenic Sunday - Road to Yellowstone

Here are the first of many scenic shots from our Yellowstone trip. These are from the trip on the way to the park. We drove from our house to the park, about a 10-hour trip. Much of the trip is in very open country, but as you get closer to the park the terrain becomes much more interesting. These first two are from Wind River Canyon, through which the road travels.
Much closer to the park is the Buffalo Bill Reservoir.
Some old water control equipment was on display in the parking lot. I have no idea what this thing does but it certainly looked interesting!
I have tons of photos from Yellowstone, which is probably the most scenic place I've ever seen, so stay tuned over the next few weeks.
Scenic Sunday

11 comments:

  1. Those towering bluffs look rather SW from what I remember of Yellowstone about 30 years ago. Sure look forward to more and maybe my memory will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only vague memories of Yellowstone from when I was 4 years old ... and I'm not even going to say how long ago that was (I've been 29 for 20 years now)!

    I am so looking forward to your pictures from your trip!

    I also really like that equipment in the parking lot. I wonder if kids get in trouble for jumping on it ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazingly beautiful, wild place, as you so well show it in your pictures.
    Looking forward to see more, I hope you have wildlife photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yellowstone is one of the places I've always wanted to visit! Can't wait to see more of your lovely photos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such grand views! Nice shots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meravigliose foto !!!!!!!!!!
    Buona domenica !

    ReplyDelete
  7. It must be a great place, a great country to live in. Please have a nice Sunday.

    daily athens

    ReplyDelete
  8. i hope to travel there one day to see all its rugged beauty and wildlife. i'm sure one could never tire of its views. your photos are great. look forward to seeing more. hope all is well & that you've gotten rested up from the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful place! I love it and I wanna climb there some day..
    Great pictures:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am just visiting here for the first time and love the photos...I moved to California from Colorado so I understand how special it is there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - I love reading them and look forward to viewing your blog. If you only allow Google+ comments I won't be able to leave a comment in return.

Related Posts with Thumbnails