Al's Photography Blog

Al's Photography Blog
Pikes Peak As Seen From Our House

Monday, June 15, 2015

Chautaqua Mountain Views

The views from Chautaqua Mountain made the hike worthwhile. This first photo is taken partway up.
At the top, the views are better.
This is looking towards Mount Herman, another peak I've climbed several times.
And of course, this is Pikes Peak visible through the haze (I've climbed that too, as well as taken a train and driven to the top several times).
I was also intrigued by this ring of stones - I'd guess people sometimes camp up here.
Although I haven't done much yet this year as I'm still putting in too many hours on the new house, hiking is an important part of my world, and I'm sharing it with Our World Tuesday.

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful views, what a great place for a hike. The Pikes Peak shot is pretty! Have a happy day and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm so glad you did share! Colorado is incredible... No place like it, especially for those who can get to the top of those mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful captures of a beautiful place, Al!! I do love the snowy mountain shot!! Thanks, as always, for sharing the fun and the beauty!! Have a great new week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice views indeed! I'd love to take a hike there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like an awesome hike and fantastic views! Great shots, enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful panoramic shots! Definitely worth the hike!

    Happy Week to you,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous out there. I know I may have said that before...a number of times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shots from the top and I always love the Pikes Peak shots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your walk was rewarded by the beautiful scenery. Thanks for sharing. Hope you always find the time to go hiking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Al, Looks green there! We were going to visit the Springs in May, but too much rain. It's been wet here in Breckenridge, too - streams and rivers are high. We should have a good wildflower season.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - I love reading them and look forward to viewing your blog. If you only allow Google+ comments I won't be able to leave a comment in return.

Related Posts with Thumbnails