Al's Photography Blog

Al's Photography Blog
Pikes Peak As Seen From Our House

Monday, September 17, 2018

Koko-en Garden, Himeji

Next to Himeji Castle is a traditional Japanese garden, the Koko-en Garden (好古園). If you're there it's certainly worth the time.
As you'd expect it's beautiful, with waterfalls and shady trees.
Of course there are ponds.
There are a couple of indoor spaces too. There's something magical about wandering through a traditional garden like this in Japan.
After this we headed back to the bullet train, and finished the route to Osaka where we stayed for a couple of days. Lots more photos to come - I hope you're not bored with my vacation shots yet!

12 comments:

  1. Ach wie wunderschön, ich bin begeistert.
    Lieben Gruß
    Susa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful gardens. I have been enjoying your photos from here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Nice captures in our country. I enjoyed your former posts very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Japanese garden is always a delight. I could never get tired of these pictures - please do carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such gorgeous gardens -- and perfect with the bird in it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely not bored with your vacation pics as preparing for a Japan visit myself. I am looking forward to finding similar serene and magical spots!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bored? Never -- I expect you to post every single picture of your trip ;>) ... am really enjoying it.. The gardens are beautiful and I enjoyed seeing the blue heron just like the ones we see here on the whole other side of the Pacific Rim.

    I'm intrigued by your use of Japanese and (technically illiterate as well as not bilingual) wonder if you have to have another keyboard to do that or if Google Translate does it. In any case, it seems brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the green reflections in the water ... much like a watercolor painting. And the colorful artistic cloths displayed within the building are very cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - I love reading them and look forward to viewing your blog. If you only allow Google+ comments I won't be able to leave a comment in return.

Related Posts with Thumbnails